Support Cal Poly: Get Involved
Every great university benefits from the involvement of its alumni, parents, students and friends. Cal Poly greatly values your support, and we hope the following opportunities allow you to identify ways to become engaged that are personally meaningful to you.
Join a Cal Poly Group
- For information on the Parent Program Advisory Council, visit their website.
- For information how industry can collaborate on interdisciplinary projects, visit the CENG Connect Web page.
- For information on the Student Philanthropy Council, visit their website.
- Cal Poly in Social Media - Follow Cal Poly, the Alumni Association, Athletics, or your favorite department on social media.
- Alumni events - Check the Alumni Events Calendar events in your area.
- Travel around the world with other Mustangs, visit CPAA Alumni Travel program.
- Take a class - personal and professional development programs offered by Cal Poly Extended Education
- Attend a lecture or performance on campus. Events & Entertainment
- Attend athletic events - www.gopoly.com
For more information about Government & Community Relations, please contact:
Director of Community & Government Relations
Mentoring students is a rewarding way to get involved. By offering the benefit of your own experiences, good and bad, the seasoned professional can help students make class and career choices, network with people in industry, and learn nuances and etiquette that aren’t covered in any class curriculum. For more information on the Mustang Mentoring program, contact the Cal Poly Alumni Association at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mentor a Student or Young Alum
- Alumni: Sign up for PolyLink (www.calpolylink.com), the online community for campus and alumni. Log in, check the Willing to Mentor box on your PolyLink Personal Info Page, and list your work email.
- Then join the PolyLink Mentoring Group - where young alumni and current students in your field can find you for informal online mentoring.
- If you're already part of PolyLink, click here to join the PolyLink Mentor Group (login required). If not, click here for your first-time PolyLink ID code.
Countless alumni and employers report how valuable Cal Poly employees are on Day One. The Learn by Doing philosophy at Cal Poly encourages students to dive in, learn the system, think creatively, work in teams and solve problems. But we don’t have to tell you that.
Career Services provides a full range of programs to link employers with Cal Poly students and alumni. Visit Career Services to post jobs, establish internships, and participate in career fairs.
There are also two Cal Poly LinkedIn groups. Join those groups to network with other alumni and find people with the smarts, work ethic and drive that Cal Poly graduates are known for.