Support Cal Poly: Get Involved
Every great university benefits from the involvement of its alumni, parents, students and friends.
Cal Poly greatly values your support, and we hope the following opportunities allow you to identify ways to become engaged that are personally meaningful to you.
Join a Cal Poly group
- Parent & Family Program Advisory Council Parents helping parents
- CENG Connect for engineering alumni
- Student Philanthropy Council
- Become a Cal Poly Advocate You'll get email information on important legislative issues affecting Cal Poly and/or the CSU, and we'll ask you to let your elected officials know you support Cal Poly.
- Cal Poly on Facebook - Facebook for alumni, and Facebook for students, parents and friends.
- Alumni events - Check the Alumni Events Calendar events in your area.
- Travel around the world with other Mustangs, visit CPAA Alumni Travel program.
- Take a class - personal and professional development programs offered by Cal Poly Continuing Education
- Attend a lecture or performance on campus. Events & Entertainment
- Attend athletic events - www.gopoly.com
Mentor a student or young alum
- Alumni: Sign up for PolyLink (www.calpolylink.com), the online community for campus and alumni. Log in, check the Willing to Mentor box on your PolyLink Personal Info Page, and list your work email.
- Then join the PolyLink Mentoring Group - where young alumni and current students in your field can find you for informal online mentoring.
- If you're already part of PolyLink, click here to join the PolyLink Mentor Group (login required). If not, click here for your first-time PolyLink ID code.
Cal Poly alumni can post job openings and search for job openings for free in the PolyLink and Mustang Jobs networks. PolyLink is a free, private online directory for alumni, faculty, staff and current seniors. Mustang Jobs is a free, private online network for current Cal Poly students and alumni run by the Cal Poly Career Services Office. Any employer can post job openings free on the Mustang Jobs board.
Visit the Career Services Web at www.careerservices.calpoly.edu to find out about posting job, co-op and internship openings for free on Mustang Jobs.
If you're already a member of PolyLink, click here to log in and post job openings or search for jobs on the PolyLink Job Boards (login required).
Join and use the Cal Poly Alumni groups on LinkedIn to recruit alumni for your company. There are regional Cal Poly Alumni groups on LinkedIn, groups by major, and two general groups for Cal Poly Alumni on LinkedIn: